Meditation on Pain
- Please sit comfortably, relax your whole body, close your eyes, take a deep breath through your nose and slowly exhale three times. Until we reach enlightenment, we take a refuge in Dom Inacio de Loyola, the Life and the spiritual society. May we, by the benefits of exercising the release and other perfections, reach Buddha-hood for the best of all sentient beings in the Universe.
- In this relaxed state of our mind, let us image that our body is filling with air, our head, our shoulders, our upper body, all our organs, the legs down to the feet, every cell of our body is full with air. Even our skin is a thin layer of air.
- We’re now breathing slowly and profoundly imagining that the pain and tension are leaving our body. With every exhale you are becoming free of pain and tension.
- Increasing the pain, imagine now all suffering beings of the universe, imagine their pain, their sadness, their desperateness. Now inhale their pain and release them from the suffering. With the exhale let go off the suffering.
- Do that exchange about 20 times, feel (imagine) now that every one of them is happy around you and stay in that state of happiness as long as you can.
- The positive energy of this meditation we dedicate to the best of all sentient beings, for our quick enlightening, healing, perfect health, physical and spiritual abundance and happiness.
Now, gently open your eyes.